- Purism Librem 13 has great design & build quality, hardware switches for camera/microphone & wireless, and it runs nicely with Ubuntu + GNOME.
Otherwise the Tuxedo InfinityBook seems good as well.
Still looking forward to more fair production processes in laptops too.
- Fairphone 2 of course. It’s fairly produced and components can be switched out easily. As operating system I use LineageOS without Google. Apps I get through F-Droid.
The phone plan is from goood.
- LSTN Avalon are nice in-ear headphones made from wood. The plug is weirdly angled and quite big though, and the buds make a strange noise when put in. They are great for noise-isolation and silence when sleeping.
- AOC I2475PXQU is a very nice adjustable external 24" display for working. It is basically the only monitor I could find which is matt and fulfilled Energy Star, TCO & EPEAT Gold.
- Formal Friday Jean mulesing free merino t-shirts. Merino because it’s anti-bacterial and does not smell easily, and these ones are a bit longer so great fit for cycling too. Does come at an increased price though, but that’s why I only have 3.
- Kaipara. These are the best merino boxer shorts I found: fully black, no logo or top rim, and great fit!
- Nudie Jeans Lean Dean dry everblack.
And one pair of Prana Hybridizer shorts which can also be used for sports and swimming.
- Mammut Ultimate is really good, light and I find myself wearing it all the time. (I have an older version. Glued the side zippers to stay put on the bottom part, and painted the logos black with textile marker.)
I will switch to the Patagonia Levitation Hoody when the other jacket is worn down since their ethics and production practices are better.
- Vivobarefoot Ra II are my only closed shoe no matter the season.
As sandals I currently use the Bedrock Classic. Others I like are Unshoes Wokova Feather and Earthrunners Elemental (when they were still full black). The Unshoes Wokova Feather seem nice too but I didn’t try them yet.
- Hydrophil bamboo brush is pretty nice. With it Neobio fluoride toothpaste which is one of the only well-rated organic toothpastes.
- Dr. Bronner’s eukalyptus soap (the one with the brown label). Can also be used as shaving cream and is fully biodegradable.
- i+m deo roll-on is the only aluminum-free and organic deodorant I found which works. (Downsides are that it’s expensive and I prefer spray because there’s lighter and smaller containers.)
- Standard Razors are really nice safety razors. Much better than a cartridge razor and less wasteful. Any regular safety razor is good too.
Haircuts I do myself with barber scissors.
For nails I have a simple metal nail clipper.
- pinqponq Cubik Medium has 19l of space, good compartments, looks great and is made of recycled materials.
Otherwise the Haglöfs Corker 18l is a great backpack I used for a long time.
- GLS bank. They are a sustainable and ecological bank. Investments are only made in companies with proper standards. Also see Fair Finance Guide and Facing Finance.
- organ donation. Also register for bone marrow donation at DKMS.
- Kiezbett is a really nice bed, regionally and sustainably produced from Berlin. Otherwise cardboard furniture seems to be a great and affordable alternative.
- Cinelli Gazzetta 2016 track bike is great fun. 😊 My next bike will be a bamboo bike like the one by Stark or a self-made at OZON Cyclery.
Since chain lube is based on petroleum, use the biodegradable chain lube by Orontas.
It’s christmas and I’m second-hand santa! 🎅 Here’s some things I haven’t used in the past year and I’m giving away. Let me know if you are interested!
If you’d like to give back, donate to one of the community projects I’m involved in: Open Source Diversity, Open Source Design or Terms of Service; Didn’t Read! ♥
And also have a good look at your own stuff and see if you don’t want to give some away. 😉
- Zepto Nox A15. From a Danish company that doesn’t exist anymore, but runs Linux nicely.
- Fairphone 2 camera module and the top module & selfie camera, in case yours broke. It’s not the new & upgraded camera module.
SteelSeries Kinzu v3 corded mouse including a large Steelseries mouse pad, both black.
Computer mouse– taken!
- Pearl Izumi Elite LTD (blue atoll colorway with the dark horizontal stripes) and the iconic La Vie Claire / Wonder / Radar Mondrian jersey! Both medium size.
- 3 speed straps from Mack Workshop! Haven’t had a need for these specific straps, but their bike bags are great!
- Barbieri Nana carbon.
- Chrome Truk Pro clipless cycling shoes, size 44 black.
- gilchrist strap by Schaper, black. Got it when I broke my collarbone, and the red cross is not interested in taking it.
- Pearl EPB-1 bass drum pedal case. Only the case without pedal. Pretty sturdy and can be used for anything.
A Yamaha FC5 keyboard switch / sustain pedal. Note that it does not have a polarity toggle which is why it does not fit my MIDI keyboard.
Keyboard pedal– taken!
- Fivefingers classic, and one pair of Fivefingers KSO Trek Tex (neoprene upper). Says US size 42 on them, but they fit me and it was comparable to size 44.
- Tomorrow, a new sustainable bank.